Saturday, June 8, 2013

I am unjust?

Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: A man came to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, on his way back from Hunain while there was some silver in the backpack of Bilal. The Messenger of Allah took a handful from it and distributed it among the people. The man said to him, “O Muhammad! Be just!” The Prophet said, “Woe to you! Who will be just if I am unjust? You would be in loss if I did not do justice.” Umar ibn Al-Khattab said, “O Messenger of Allah, allow me to kill this hypocrite!” The Prophet said, “I seek refuge in Allah that the people would say I am killing my companions. Verily, this man and his companions will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats. They will exit Islam just as an arrow goes through its target.”
Source: Sahih Muslim 1063
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Imam Muslim

No comments:

Post a Comment