Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mujahid on Privacy

Mujahid on Privacy: A Muslim should respect the personal privacy of another Muslim
Mujahid said, “It is offensive for a man to look sharply at his brother, or to follow him with his stare when he stands from his presence, or to question him: Where have you come from? Where are you going?”
[Al-Bukhari, Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Number 1157]
عَنْ مُجَاهِدٍ قَالَ‏ كَانَ يَكْرَهُ أَنْ يُحِدَّ الرَّجُلُ النَّظَرَ إِلَى أَخِيهِ أَوْ يُتْبِعَهُ بَصَرَهُ إِذَا قَامَ مِنْ عِنْدِهِ أَوْ يَسْأَلَهُ‏ مِنْ أَيْنَ جِئْتَ وَأَيْنَ تَذْهَبُ‏
البخاري الأدب المفرد بَابُ الأمَانَةِ
 
Hadith on Trust: Be trustworthy and respectful of people’s personal privacy
Anas reported: One day I was serving the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. When I thought I had finished serving him, I said, “The Prophet is having a midday nap.” So I left him and there were some children playing. I stood looking at them and their game. The Prophet came out, and he came to them and greeted them with peace. Then he called me and sent me to get something he needed. He remained in the shade until I came back to him. I was late for my mother and she asked, “What kept you?” I replied, “The Prophet, peace be upon him, sent me for something he needed.” She asked, “What was it?” I replied, “It is a secret of the Prophet.” She said, “Keep the secret of the Messenger of Allah.” I did not tell anyone that secret and if I were to tell it, I would have told her.
[Al-Bukhari, Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Number 1154]
عَنْ أَنَسٍ خَدَمْتُ رَسُولَ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمًا حَتَّى إِذَا رَأَيْتُ أَنِّي قَدْ فَرَغْتُ مِنْ خِدْمَتِهِ قُلْتُ‏ يَقِيلُ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَخَرَجْتُ مِنْ عِنْدِهِ فَإِذَا غِلْمَةٌ يَلْعَبُونَ فَقُمْتُ أَنْظُرُ إِلَيْهِمْ إِلَى لَعِبِهِمْ فَجَاءَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَانْتَهَى إِلَيْهِمْ فَسَلَّمَ عَلَيْهِمْ ثُمَّ دَعَانِي فَبَعَثَنِي إِلَى حَاجَةٍ فَكَانَ فِي فَيْءٍ حَتَّى أَتَيْتُهُ‏ وَأَبْطَأْتُ عَلَى أُمِّي فَقَالَتْ مَا حَبَسَكَ‏ قُلْتُ بَعَثَنِي النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم إِلَى حَاجَةٍ قَالَتْ مَا هِيَ‏ قُلْتُ‏ إِنَّهُ سِرٌّ لِلنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَتِ‏ احْفَظْ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم سِرَّهُ فَمَا حَدَّثْتُ بِتِلْكَ الْحَاجَةِ أَحَدًا مِنَ الْخَلْقِ فَلَوْ كُنْتُ مُحَدِّثًا حَدَّثْتُكَ بِهَا‏
البخاري الأدب المفرد بَابُ الأمَانَةِ
 
Ibn Abu Al-Hudhayl: It is better to be blind than to indulge in excessive looking and staring
Ibn Abu Al-Hudhayl reported: Abdullah visited a man with another man from among his companions, and when they entered the house his companion began to look around. He said, “By Allah, for your eyes to have been gouged out would have been better for you.”
[Al-Bukhari, Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Number 1307]
عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي الْهُذَيْلِ قَالَ‏ عَادَ عَبْدُ اللهِ رَجُلاً وَمَعَهُ رَجُلٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِهِ فَلَمَّا دَخَلَ الدَّارَ جَعَلَ صَاحِبُهُ يَنْظُرُ فَقَالَ لَهُ عَبْدُ اللهِ‏ وَاللَّهِ لَوْ تَفَقَّأَتْ عَيْنَاكَ كَانَ خَيْرًا لَكَ
البخاري الأدب المفرد بَابُ فُضُولِ النَّظَرِ
 
ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND RECEIVE A HADITH DAILY ARABIC TEXT, WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION AND REFERENCE.:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment